Learn how to make this simple, tart tartar sauce that is perfect with fried fish. Homemade Tartar Sauce is so much easier than you think, and brings that fried fish to life.
I’ve never had tartar sauce in my life before I met my husband. I just ate fried fish plain, but it definitely needed something more. We were out to eat one evening at a restaurant while we were dating and we ordered the fish. My husband encouraged me to try tartar sauce with the fish, and, my friends, I’ve never looked back!
WHY SHOULD I MAKE HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE?
- It’s a real simple recipe of ingredients you more than likely have in your home, especially with my homemade mayonnaise recipe!
- Just like the mayonnaise, it’s way better than the store bought version.
- Trust me, you won’t regret it!
IS HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE HARD TO MAKE?
Nope, not at all! Just a few easy steps, a little bit of mixing, and wallah you have homemade tartar sauce! Try my homemade mayonnaise for this recipe!
This post contains affiliate links, meaning I make a small commission at no cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
WHAT TO PAIR WITH HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE?
Fried fish always! Give a try to my Fried Walleye Recipe
SUPPLIES YOU WILL NEED:
INGREDIENTS YOU WILL NEED:
1 Cup Mayonnaise
2/3 Cup Dill Pickles, chopped
2 Tbsp Onion, finely chopped
1.5 Tbsp Dill
2 Tsp Lemon Juice
Pinch of Sugar
Pinch of Pepper
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE TARTAR SAUCE:
- Place the mayonnaise in a bowl.
- Take 2-4 pickles (depending on the size) and place them in a food porcessor to chop them up finely. Of course, you can chop them as well, but a food processor does a fast and great job! Once chopped, it should measure out to 2/3 cup. Add this to the mayonnaise.
- Next, chop 1/4 of an onion and also place in the food processor to chop them to a fine size as well. Add the onions into the mayo and pickles.
- After, mix in the dill, lemon juice, sugar, and pepper. Stir everything very well and then place in the fridge for 15-30 minutes before serving.
- Enjoy with some delicious fried fish!
Homemade Tartar Sauce
- Measuring Cups
- Measuring Spoons
- Cutting Board
- Chopping Knife
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup Dill Pickles chopped
- 2 tbsp Onion finely chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1.5 tbsp Dill
- Pinch of Sugar
- Pinch of Pepper
PIN FOR LATER